Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Resolutions

Well, if there is anyone reading, here are the ten resolutions I made.



1. Read the Bible cover to cover
2. go to church every Sunday despite fatigue
3. go to Campus for Christ again
4. cook one new recipe every week
5. stick to some kind of work out regime
6. take guitar lessons
7. learn French through Rosetta Stone
8. see specific friends more
9. leave more time for my creative side i.e. drawing, poems etc rather than games and books
10. be a better Me.

Obviously, the first three are to help me walk more intimately with God, and to foster more positive community in my life. I will need to read on average 4 pages of scriptures per day. In a normal book, 4 pages is nothing. But, this is a steep challenge for the bible considering how many scriptures and lessons there are to be absorbed within 4 pages. So everyday, including later today, I will be posting my thoughts on these, and what I learned.I feel working through it step by step rather than just jumping around to scriptures I feel like reading is a better way for me to learn, and absorb.

The rest of my resolutions all have to do with number ten, becoming a better version of myself. I will be posting the results of my recipe weekly, including the recipe itself and how it tasted. I will also share with you any poems I may write (I swear I'm not terrible!) and how I'm doing progress wise with the other things. My hope is that 2013 and on will be amazing for me, and I hope you will pray for that to happen. Please feel free to share your resolutions with me, maybe we can work on them together and keep each other motivated! This will also allow me to send prayers for you, and you can never have enough of those. Anyways, that's it for now. I will post my thoughts on my readings later today. For now I must bid thee farewell so that I can clean my house and start the year off right,

Love,

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment