Thursday 3 January 2013

Day 2-Genesis 5:8-14:1


So as it turns out I read more today than I needed to. I got quite caught up in the story of Noah, and then Abram.

They are simple stories that most know, especially of Noah and his ark. But I was taken aback by the sheer love and trust that Abram had in the Lord. He did all that was asked of him and trust that his Father would provide for him. He did so even when there were not easy decisions to be made. He moved multiple times, separated from his nephew, almost lost his wife to the pharoahs, and still yet he loved and worshiped our God. Praise! what true devotion and love he showed in these beginning tales. What a great example. My prayer for today is that I should be more like Abram whenever possible, and lay my worries and troubles at His feet, trusting that He will provide for me. I will not try to pick these troubles back up if they are taking long to be resolved, nor will I believe the Lord is incapable. Because all things are possible through God,

So on this day after such simple readings, I ask that I be blessed with Abrams devotion and trust in the lord, that I too shall see Him as my just provider.

On a side note I began the preparations to begin guitar lessons today, and am well on my way towards these new years resolutions. I feel starting off positively is a good thing.

Until tomorrow,

Love,

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment