Tuesday 1 January 2013

Day 365-Genesis


So in keeping to my resolutions so far, I mathamatically determined that I will need to read on average four pages of the bible per day, in order to finish it in a year. So with that, I read the first four pages of Genesis.

wow.

I know this story, the creation of earth and man very well as it is one often repeated. But have you ever stopped to marvel at it?
In 7 days, God created evvvverrryyything. He did not simply create rocks or sand, but life forms. Everything from the fish to Adam and Eve. All in the short time span of 7 days, isnt that incredible? It makes me wonder why people do not trust in him more wholeheartedly. I mean he created the entire world and all its life forms in 7 days, who are we to think he cant handle our insignificant problems? How can we niot trust him to protect us and look out for us? Our God is great, this I know, but I am awestruck out the simpler points I havent considered in a while.


The second thought I had in reading these passages are whow truly vile and dirty and sinful we are as humans. So quickly after being given life, did Adam and Eve sin against their Father. We are given the ultimate provisions and love, and yet we disobey. Why is this? I know that none are perfect but God himself, this is written throughout the entire Bible, but I dont know that we all make a valiant effort. And yet God loves us unconditionally and gave up his  only son that our sins may be washed clean, so that we may be covered by his grace. Jesus died brutally on the cross, humiliated and alone so that we could have entry into heaven. When you hear this what do you think? Oh well? Thats nice? I personally think that I will spend everyday trying to earn and deserve that love, to be a true representation of God himself. If we were created in His image, than I shall try to live in His image as well.

Thats all for today, very simple thoughts but powerful ones to think about. Until tomorrow,

Love,
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment